Mirror Image Announces Major Upgrades to its Global Network and Launches miAcceleration Website Acceleration Service
Company Ranks as One of the Top Performing CDNs for Throughput
and Response Time
NAB, LAS VEGAS, NV – April 18, 2016 – Mirror Image®, the leading provider of streaming media and content delivery solutions, today announced it has made major upgrades to its global Dynamic Delivery Network (DDN). The upgrades significantly increase throughput and reduce latency for delivering web pages and all types of media to all regions of the world. The company also announced the availability of miAcceleration, a new website acceleration service for companies that require faster website performance and the best end user experience.
Over the first quarter of 2016, Mirror Image updated its services to improve the delivery of their customers’ traffic. The company also added more Points of Presence (PoP) locations to their network that enable them to deliver a company’s traffic in some cases up to 100% faster than traditional CDNs. Cedexis, the leader in performance optimized global traffic management-as-a-service, ranks Mirror Image as one of the top performing CDNs for throughput and response time. The miAcceleration service leverages Mirror Image’s Dynamic Delivery Network (DDN) to deliver videos, images, audio files, software downloads, and more, with ultra fast speed. The service includes more features than any other acceleration service currently available in the industry. miAcceleration utilizes Mirror Image’s new miVue customer portal for provisioning and for reporting and analytics of their customers’ usage.
Highlights of miAcceleration Features and Benefits:
- Route Optimization – Direct connections to the last mile, leveraging Mirror Image’s extensive, premium peering infrastructure and private transit routes.
- Dynamic Purge – Dynamically purge outdated content from the Dynamic Delivery Network.
- Content Protection – Mirror Image’s secure delivery network makes it easy for companies to secure and protect their digital resources.
- Front End Optimization – Ensures a positive and analogous user experience across various devices and platforms.
- Device-based Optimization – This service programmatically selects or customizes individual responses for each device in real time, providing each visitor with an optimized viewing experience.
- Origin Protection – Protect the origin server from redundant and unnecessary requests to relieve pressure on the customers’ infrastructure.
- Custom Business Logic –Mirror Image’s Custom Business Logic service provides customers with a wide range of custom applications and use cases, including online data collection, stream and asset authentication, ad block overriding, and more.
“Mirror Image is excited to announce our major infrastructure upgrades and debut our new website acceleration service, miAcceleration, at NAB 2016,” said Charles White, Chief Revenue Officer at Mirror Image. “miAcceleration leverages unique functionality embedded with our Dynamic Delivery Network to optimize your website for delivery through Mirror Image’s powerful CDN resulting in maximized efficiency, reduced development costs and the highest customer satisfaction.”
Mirror Image is a next generation Content Delivery Network (CDN). The company’s Dynamic Delivery Network (DDN) combines the capabilities of a traditional CDN with intelligent custom logic capabilities to dramatically extend what’s possible with a CDN.
Mirror Image will be demonstrating the miAcceleration service at the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) Show at their booth SU11914 at the Las Vegas Convention Center. on April 18 – 22, 2016
The miAcceleration service is available for sale today. For more information visit http://www.mi-acceleration.com or call 800-353-2923.
About Mirror Image
Mirror Image, one of the original Content Delivery Network providers in the industry, has pioneered the Dynamic Delivery Network (DDN). Our proprietary DDN combines dynamically scalable global infrastructure with real-time application execution capabilities and a complete content delivery platform to provide dynamic, highly scalable online services with low latency and worldwide coverage. Mirror Image’s DDN includes intelligent Edge Computing capabilities, a complete Online Video Platform, live and on-demand video and audio streaming solutions, content delivery capabilities for object caching and file downloads, and optimized delivery to an extensive range of desktops, mobile devices, IPTV set-top boxes and other devices.Mirror Image has been repeatedly recognized by Streaming Media magazine as a Top 100 Company that Matter Most in Online Video in 2013 through 2015, and recognized by CIO Review magazine as one of the 10 Most Promising Online Video Platform Providers in 2014. Mirror Image was founded in 1997, and is a U.S.-based company incorporated in Delaware, headquartered in Tewksbury, MA. For additional information, please visit www.mirror-image.com or call +1 866 374 4113. Follow Mirror Image on Twitter @MirrorImageDDN.