Mirror Image Internet provides a patented, global, dynamic Content Delivery Network for delivering Edge Computing, Streaming Media, Content Delivery and Storage, and Reporting solutions that enable our customers to create higher quality online interactions for users worldwide. With an enterprise-class platform combining an optimal mix of capacity, connectivity, processing power and storage, Mirror Image gives advertising, retail, media and government organizations the capacity, performance, and capabilities they need to meet and exceed their online business goals.
Mirror Image is a U.S.-based company, headquartered in Tewksbury, Mass. Mirror Image has been delivering Internet infrastructure services since 1999.
The Solutions Engineer is primarily responsible for providing pre-sales and occasional post-sales support for new and existing customers, as well as the technical expertise to drive sales of Mirror Image’s edge computing, content delivery, and streaming media solutions. This requires broad, high-level knowledge of Internet architectures. The successful candidate will have the capability to direct, design, document, and implement solutions involving Edge Computing, Object Caching, Video and Audio Delivery (live and on-demand), and Online Video Platforms (OVPs). Knowledge of protocols such as HTTP, RTMP, RSTP and others are required, as well as expertise in delivering video to the iPhone, iPad, Android, BlackBerry and other mobile devices. Candidates must have the ability to utilize experience and technical judgment to reach conclusions, when faced with limited data. Excellent presentation and communication skills are required, as well as proficiency in customer-facing white board and WebEx presentations.
• Assist the Regional Account Directors (sales representatives) in winning complex, technical sales.
• Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of all technologies that the company sells.
• Perform WebEx and on-site customer presentations.
• Manage the technical aspects of the prospecting and provisioning sales stages.
• Effectively communicate account status with sales, customer support and other relevant stakeholders.
• Demonstrate ability to successfully meet changing conditions and situations.
• Assume responsibility for major technical pre-sales design recommendations and related justifications, within the context of defined and client-approved requirements and constraints.
• Communicate technical design requirements, constraints, functionality, and implementation details, both verbally and in formal documentation (pre- and post-sales), internally and to customers.
• Design, document, and implement Edge Computing, Content Delivery, Stream, and Object Caching solutions, incorporating network design method, capacity planning, Streaming (RTSP, RTMP, HTTP protocols and others), SSL, DNS, HTML, Access Control, and W3C compatible WWW technologies.
• Excellent interpersonal & customer relations skills.
• Ability to guide customer/user ideas into realistic technical solutions.
• Technical leadership skills for supporting project management, back office & pre-sales staff.
• Ability to develop solutions for problems of unusual complexity that require a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovation.
• Competence in managing projects with little supervision, successfully meeting deadlines.
• Ability to maintain excellent relationships with staff, contractors, senior management, clients, vendors and trading partners; ensure that all communication is proactively maintained at the proper level, for all relevant parties.
• Superior organizational skills, with respect to maintaining multiple accounts with a high level of customer service and satisfaction, as well as successfully accomplishing multiple tasks.
• Hands-on and deep understanding of HTTP Headers, Flash Media/Windows Media/Wowza/mobile stream Server/Client and website architectures.
• Understanding of website performance analysis and metrics.
• Knowledge of XML, Java, Ruby On Rails, and PHP Scripting a plus.
• Excellent verbal and written skills.
• Willingness to acquire additional knowledge, as it applies to supporting the company’s objectives.
• BS in Computer Science, Electrical or Electronics Engineering, Information Systems or equivalent.
• Minimum of 5 years proven technical pre-sales or sales support experience.
• Position requires extensive use of the telephone and face-to-face communication, which requires excellent and accurate communication skills.
• Other related duties, as business needs dictate.
• Requires 25-30% travel.