Mirror Image Internet provides a patented, global Dynamic Delivery Network for delivering Application Logic, Streaming Media, Content Delivery and Storage, and Reporting solutions that enable our customers to create higher quality online interactions for users worldwide. With an enterprise-class platform combining an optimal mix of capacity, connectivity, logic processing and storage, Mirror Image gives advertising, retail, media and government organizations the capacity, performance, and capabilities they need to meet and exceed their online business goals. Mirror Image is a U.S.-based company, headquartered in Tewksbury, Mass. Mirror Image has been delivering Internet infrastructure services since 1999.
At Mirror Image Internet a Customer Support Engineer (CSE) is responsible for working with other CSEs to help resolve customer technical issues, maintain appropriate documentation pertaining to customer configurations, and perform root cause analysis where appropriate. This position is involved in all technical aspects of Mirror Image’s products and services and is critical to our customer relationships. CSEs also work closely with Sales, Network Operations, and Engineering to resolve customer issues and deliver the best possible service to our customers.
• In-depth knowledge of how the Internet works (TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS).
• Familiar with streaming protocols (RTSP, RTMP, HLS)
• Experience with UNIX and MS Windows System Administration.
• Experience troubleshooting issues with Java, HTTP and XML.
• Experience administering Apache, Tomcat and IIS web servers.
• Knowledge of Network Protocols.
• Knowledge of Web languages and services (HTML, XML, Java).
• Experience supporting a distributed system solution is a plus.
• Experience with SQL and Oracle databases is desirable.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
• Experience managing customer expectations.
• Ability to work as part of a team, while also working independently as required.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to provide thorough follow-up and documentation, geared toward both technical and non-technical personnel.
• Minimum of 3-5 years experience in Customer Support or Technical Support.
• Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent.
• Ability to develop Tcl/Perl/C Shell scripts.
• Experience developing, or actively managing, dynamic web sites.
• Ability to edit and read HTML and XML files.
• Ability to concatenate Unix commands, to parse through data files for HTTP transaction details.
• Strong self starter and team player.